Why I like the R1S

EyeOnRivian

Has anyone been to a Rivian event? I am thinking about attending one in Las Vegas, but was less enthusiastic when the fine print says vehicles will be for viewing only. Does Rivian allow attendees to sit in the cars, open and close the doors, kick the tires, etc.?

My other question is, what version of R1S and R1T do they have at their events? I think I want the 180kWh, but if the larger battery takes up too much of the rear cargo space, I might decide to buy the 135kWh. I'm OK with no third row, but still want the cargo space. The best cargo space I've ever had in an SUV was a 2004 Honda Pilot. I could truly fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back.
Check out thread "3 early 2020 events Rivian will be hosting or attending." as should answer some of your questions.

I have yet to hear of an event where Rivian has allowed the crowd to do anything more than view their EAVs. No touchy touchy of prototypes allowed, let alone kick the tires or sit it them ... well, unless your 7' 1"" and named Shaq.

I believe the prototypes they bring to these events are configured with the 135 kWh BP. Note, Rivian only has the R1T at CES.

I actually transported a sheet of plywood easier from an 1988 Acura Integra (2 door with hatchback) than a 1995 Ford Explorer which had one of the largest cargo areas in its class. I got it in, just had to turn it slightly diagonal. ;)

Cactus

Ha! The very best plywood/sheetrock transporting vehicle I ever had was a 1991 Plymouth Voyager minivan with the 2nd and 3r row seats out. Now that I think about it, I met my wife in that car. She made me sell it.