What Q's do you have about the R1T?

EyeOnRivian

I wonder about those social platforms too but for different reasons since I don't use them. Closest I get to social media are a few select forums and even then it has been debated if forums are considered "social media." That's a whole different topic anyway as they are not IOT devices.

Internet of Things is defined (at least one version of it) as "the interconnection via the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday objects, enabling them to send and receive data." There are tens of thousands of articles a click away you can read that discuss the many security vulnerabilities of IOT devices. Our vehicles of today have become a large, rolling IOT, and as such the "connected vehicle" has its security vulnerabilities too.

Randy

I was being a smart aleck. I was making lite of what I often observe: "do as I say because I'm an expert - and here is my resume to prove it", followed immediately by action counter the position just espoused. An allegory akin to "the world is going to end in 12 years", excuse me I must leave on my private jet now. Don't take it personally, the Amazon employees listening to your Alexa might upset. :)

Target ZeroCO2

I need a truck to take to deer lease and do projects around the house/workshop/lake. The features I need are:
  1. Towing capacity for trucks and trailers. (20-25' boats; 16' flatbed trailer loaded with corn and/or project stuff (long boards, steel, metal sheeting, etc.) I would love to be able to load 16' or 20' lumber, pipes, or steel tubulars. (Hint: I really like the bollinger pass-through idea; but over the roof concepts work as well)
  2. Scratch resistant paint - mesquite thorns really scratch the paint when driving through fields and woods. Any possibility to improve paint performance in brush?
  3. Compatible with charging systems I already own for my Model X so I don't have to buy another charger for my garage and workshop.