Tesla Cybertruck vs R1T

Manolo

Yes I agree that there have been few updates to the ordering process and delivery. I did take a survey but that was it. The other big question for all electric trucks is what impact does towing a boat or trailer have on the mileage. It won’t help us if it’s towing range is 100 miles while taking my boat to the Keys and what is the status around charging stations? It doesn’t appear a Tesla/ Rivian charger agreement will happen just because Tesla now has so many cars on the road and would probably have first rights to charging. 2020 is right around the corner. As far as the Cybertruck... I don’t want a bigger vehicle and especially one that looks like a wedge of cheese and that rear end looks like something out of that movie Death Race so you can avoid bullets. I like future thinking but right now it doesn’t make sense. Glad I made my reservation early. Hopefully they build the Rivian and don’t charge to much for additions.

ajdelange

What a trailer does to range depends on the trailer. If it takes 300 wH/mi to move your car under a certain set of conditions and another 300 wH/mi to move the trailer clearly your range with the trailer will be half what it is without it. The problem, of course, is determining how many wH/mi it takes to move the trailer. About the only way I can think of to find out is to run your BEV over a, say, 10 mi course at a constant speed, turn around and come back and note the wH used. Repeat with the trailer attached and compare the consumption.

Bigger trailer, bigger load, more rolling resistance more drag, more wH/mi needed,