Specs

Rob P

I am curious what the length of the gear tunnel is? I would love to put my skis in there but I am not sure it can fit 188cm long skis.

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
The truck bed is supposedly 4.5 feet wide, so presumably similar to that.

lookmtb

If a motorcycle can fit in the back I'd be so happy. It's looking close though :oops:

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
I am curious what the length of the gear tunnel is? I would love to put my skis in there but I am not sure it can fit 188cm long skis.
As I look at pictures of the truck, I’d guess that the tunnel inside dimension is about the same width as the truck track width, which is 171 cm. Shorter skis are more fun anyways :)

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
If a motorcycle can fit in the back I'd be so happy. It's looking close though :oops:
Depends on how long your motorcycle is. Dirt bike? From a search, I see people fitting certain kinds of motorcycles into 6’ truck beds like the Rivian’s. Other options include hauling with the tailgate down. Using a tailgate extender. And getting a utility trailer (that’s what I would do - moving a motorcycle onto and out of a truck bed isn’t easy unless you have a berm nearby).

lookmtb

@Cosmacelf I would like my gixxer to fit in the back. I track the bike regularly, but unfortunately I don't have any storage space for a trailer (Condo life...). I can get the bike in the back of a short bed Tacoma so my guess is this will be fine too. Just this bed is 5 inches shorter.

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
From the Rivian Facebook page:

We have a special gate that allows the vehicle to hold a wide variety of equipment.The gooseneck hinges and gate cover extend much further then a normal gate just for this purpose. This extends the bed. The bed is 6’10” (82") with the gate down. It will fit a large array of motorcycles. This is enabled by our unique tailgate mechanism that allows the tailgate to extend further then a normal vehicle. This is also the reason for that gap cover between gate and bed.

Randy

Hey Rob,

I actually have a very reliable answer to that question. As soon as I saw the "Story" show up from Ben Moon, I sent him an e-mail and he answered immediately. He was "fairly certain" the tunnel is 155cm long.

Randy

Last edited: