Atlis - scam?

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
So we're seeing quite a few new articles popping up about Atlis Motors, a company that is promising an awesome pickup truck for 2020. This is the same company that is promising a $45K price tag, recharge fully in 15 minutes, and has a kickstarter-like investor program to raise $1M so that they can build a prototype (made of what, cardboard?).

I'm really beginning to think this is a scam...

Eriamjh1138

I don’t really trust huge projects like this on Kickstarter. Kickstarter is not the way legitimate companies with long-term strategies operates, so I am more inclined to agree with you on this one.

azjohn

I was thinking this in the beginning. The company is local to me and the address they list is a house. They barely have raised $1 mill for the prototype ( as they claim), have no investors and no factory lined up. I did some research on the head guy and he does have some start up experience, so I was wondering if it may be legit. I was mostly having doubts with how fast they can charge the battery pack and on FB people will ask for info and they just say to go to the web site, I am waiting for the release of the prototype to make a decision. I have stated on some Tesla pages on FB I think they might be waiting to be bought out bey one of the big 3

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking this in the beginning. The company is local to me and the address they list is a house. They barely have raised $1 mill for the prototype ( as they claim), have no investors and no factory lined up. I did some research on the head guy and he does have some start up experience, so I was wondering if it may be legit. I was mostly having doubts with how fast they can charge the battery pack and on FB people will ask for info and they just say to go to the web site, I am waiting for the release of the prototype to make a decision. I have stated on some Tesla pages on FB I think they might be waiting to be bought out bey one of the big 3
If so, they’ll be waiting a long time. Look, no company with six employees should be making the claims that Atlis is making. Listen to the CEO for any length of time and you realize the guy has crossed the line from being a cheerleader to being delusional and/or outright lying. No big auto company will touch Atlis lest they get tainted in return.

azjohn

Your probably right, I wasn't thinking about the amount of employees that Atlis has. Its too bad with the recent pictures they have put online the truck looks to be good, but I guess you can photoshop anything

azjohn

So I follow Atlis on FB and every now and than they will post a picture of something they are doing and most of the people who post comments are positive and say they can't wait till the truck comes out. I am one of the few who challenges them and never get a response. I made a recent comment where I said "Atlis needs a lot more money and employees to get a vehicle to market" and the CEO agreed with me, not the response I expected

WattsUpDoc?

My gestalt is that they are legit (i.e. legitimately trying to make their claims a reality). However, at this point it's still just a pipe-dream or vaporware. They are a long way away from producing anything, if they ever do.