Rivian hitting the road again - announces some Fall 2019 destinations

EyeOnRivian

For those who have not pre-ordered or have not signed up to receive email updates from Rivian, Rivian sent out the following update via email stating some destinations they will be visiting this fall. From the email:

upload_2019-8-20_12-55-42.png

In case the above image doesn't appear in your browser, the cities are: Atlanta, Seattle and San Francisco. I'll update this post when they announce the dates.

Aug 23, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.

Last edited:

Cougs

I received an e-mail from RIVIAN today saying: See you soon.

Rivian is going to hold an event similar to the ones held in Denver, New York etc..for pre order holders in Seattle, San Francisco, and Atlanta as stated by our friend above. They will send us dates and how to RSVP. I will be attending the Seattle event if it is held during my time off work. I heard a lot about the in person reviews so it is nice that I will have the opportunity to see the Truck myself and talk to the engineers. I will try to get answers for you

EyeOnRivian

I will be attending the Seattle event if it is held during my time off work.
I'm guessing since you picked Seattle you leave nearby in the northwest? Hopefully the dates work out for you.

A poster in another forum mentioned the Atlanta event will be on Sep 13th though he did not state his source. I asked if he could provide it so it could be confirmed but no reply yet. So that date is UNCONFIRMED. However, if that date holds up, I won't be able to attend. Strike 1 for me. That leaves either Seattle or San Francisco. At least those two cities I have not been to before if the dates work out for either of them.

Cougs

I am closer to Seattle than other cities that Rivian is going to hold the events. If Atlanta is in September then Seattle may be happening in October. Just a guess.

EyeOnRivian

Hmm, Seattle in October. I've heard/read Seattle and other parts of Washington (generally the Northwest) can be quite scenic in the fall.

Regarding the poster in another forum that alleged Atlanta would be Sep 13th, he replied to my request for the source and he stated it "came from an unofficial Rivian group on Facebook, from a guy that also knew beforehand that additional locations would be announced." Again, this is NOT an official date from Rivian.

Last edited:

Cougs

Both Seattle and San Francisco are beautiful cities and each has a lot to offer. They are different but keep you very entertained. If you decided to go to Seattle look me up so that we can visit and chad.

Cougs

It will be fun, please PM.

Do you guys know if I can bring a friend that did not preorder a Rivian? He converted his truck to EV HIMSELF few years ago.

EyeOnRivian

OP has been updated with the following: Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.

In case you were wondering, this will be like previous events where "touching and sitting inside the vehicles is prohibited." Rivian email goes on to say "When it's time to get behind the wheel, you'll (pre-order holder) be the first to know."

Cougs

I got the same e-mail so your source was correct regarding September 13. I guess seeing it better than not especially that the event is not too far from me. We can test drive when they are ready for us. I think that they only have those two vehicles showing them around and they do not want any damage.

Cougs

I received an e-mail from RIVIAN inviting me to a pre orders private party. Rivian is going to hold its private party in Seattle on Friday September 27, 2019 in two sections or groups. the private party for first group is from 4 PM to 6 PM and the second group is from 7 PM to 9 PM. I am going to attend the second time. Finally in three weeks I will be to able see the vehicles and talk to the guys in person.

Last edited:

EyeOnRivian

I received an e-mail from RIVIAN inviting me to a pre orders private party. Rivian is going to hold its private party in Seattle on Friday September 27, 2019 in two sections or groups. the private party for first group is from 4 PM to 6 PM and the second group is from 7 PM to 9 PM. I am going to attend the second time. Finally in three weeks I will be to able see the vehicles and talk to the guys in person.
Doh! My email provider/server was down so I had no idea about the email invite. Thanks @Cougs ! OP has been updated with Seattle event date and times.

Now that I received my RSVP confirmation, I've got some research and planning to do since I've never been to Seattle.

Cougs

Seattle is a beautiful town where you can do a lot. It gets very busy and the traffic is baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddd. The weekend though is a lot better.