New news thread

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than creating one thread per interesting news item, I’m going to use this thread for any new news going forward. That way people can subscribe to one thread and get email notifications of news. Others, please contribute if you see anything truly new.

The interesting bit of news today is that Rivian is hosting a private viewing party in New York April 12 for reservation holders. Here’s the invite.

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight Tesla is announcing their V3 of their supercharger. Along with up to 250 kW charging, they have updated their vehicle software so that the car preconditions the battery before arriving at the Supercharger. Very similar to what RIvian is promising.

Cougs

I got the invitation, I hope that they make it to Seattle!!

azjohn

Tonight Tesla is announcing their V3 of their supercharger. Along with up to 250 kW charging, they have updated their vehicle software so that the car preconditions the battery before arriving at the Supercharger. Very similar to what RIvian is promising.
IMO the biggest thing that is going to come out of the V3 Supercharger is the power dedication to each charger, it will no longer be shared. I did see a graph showing the power curve of charge rate of a Model 3 using V3. It is a very step increase until 30% SOC than it tapers off and a lot of the rest of charge to 80% is in the 170-150 KW range

RC1

Is it true that they will not be retro fitting current chargers for V3 only making new sites V3?

azjohn

Is it true that they will not be retro fitting current chargers for V3 only making new sites V3?
Yes, but they will be sending out a software upgrade where a V2 charging station will get an increase to a max of 145 kws

RC1

That’s great! Glad to hear that the places that exist will benefit too.

Manolo

Rather than creating one thread per interesting news item, I’m going to use this thread for any new news going forward. That way people can subscribe to one thread and get email notifications of news. Others, please contribute if you see anything truly new.

The interesting bit of news today is that Rivian is hosting a private viewing party in New York April 12 for reservation holders. Here’s the invite.

View attachment 42View attachment 42
Any future plans for a show in FL near Sarasota or Tampa area?