Mid 2021 for R1T and R1S vehicles confirmed

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
From a Rivian email and twitter: R1T deliveries will begin June 2021. R1S deliveries will begin August 2021.

BTW, it is pretty obvious that this site isn't getting any viewership. Should I just shut it down? There are other Rivian sites that have active communities.

BoltEV

I check with you occasionally. I don't know of any other Rivian site.

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
I check with you occasionally. I don't know of any other Rivian site.
Thank you, my one and only hardcore member :)

I'm exaggerating, of course.

I haven't been posting a lot here since not a lot has happened. The announcement dates for first delivery is the first "real" news Rivian has given us for at least six months if not longer. I suppose the $2.5B recent fundraising was real news, but it doesn't directly affect us reservation holders.

At any rate, I'm glad Rivian has put a stake in the ground, and given us definite dates. And I was pleasantly surprised to see that the R1S won't be too far behind the R1T. That was always a concern for me (I have an R1S reservation). Rivian is very much a real car company, but they have yet to prove they can actually manufacture in some sort of reasonable volume. It's by far the hardest part of the car manufacturing business.

The other thing they have told us yet is how are we going to get our cars serviced? Hopefully that news comes out in due course. Rivian will have to start training mechanics sometime next year for that.