Headroom & Self Parking

Cosmacelf

Administrator
Staff member
No. It's been just over a year since Rivian gave us details, but pretty much radio silence since.

EyeOnRivian

Any info on headroom or self parking?
I have no specifics on head room but I clearly get the impression there is plenty of it, at least in the R1T but I have no reason to believe it would be any different in the R1S since it shares 85-90% of the components of the R1T. Plus, I've read they are basically the same vehicle from the B pillar forward. But I digress. So why do I think there is plenty of head room? Well, retired NBA star Shaq O'neal, who is over 7 feet tall, looks like he fits pretty comfortable in the R1T.

Granted it has been painful getting little trinkets of information from Rivian, but they have released some details over the past year (radio silence might be more indicative of the Rivian follower ;)). Unfortunately I have not heard any news, one way or the other, if either Rivian model will have a self-park function. Should know by late summer / early 3Q this year as that's latest news on when the online configurator will be available.

EyeOnRivian

How do you know where you are on the list for the truck ...
You don't as Rivian has said they are not revealing this information at this time. I did read or hear something not too long ago from a Rivian rep that they might reveal this once they go production (Dec 2020).

... and will it drop if I am ordering the mid pack battery?
If you already pre-ordered, this information should be in your confirmation email. If you haven't pre-ordered yet, this is from the FAQ section of Rivian's website:

When do deliveries begin?

Deliveries begin at the end of 2020, based on your place in line and configuration of your vehicle. Fully equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and 135 kWh/180 kWh packs will enter production first. Our 105 kWh pack will follow within 12 months of the start of production.